The Economist – 7th annual Sustainability Week
Accelerating transition, building resilience
The world is not transitioning to net zero fast enough. If countries fail to become carbon-neutral by 2050, limiting the global temperature rise to 1.5°C will not be possible. This is the decade to deliver. Business leaders need to respond more aggressively to meet ambitious targets for mitigating climate change, improving stakeholder value and becoming more sustainable. Governments need to invest in climate-resilient infrastructure while reducing social inequalities that have been highlighted by the covid-19 pandemic.
Four months on from COP26, the seventh edition of Sustainability Week will examine how existing policy and regulatory frameworks have addressed climate change and how businesses can rise to the challenge of becoming more sustainable. Bringing together businesses, financiers, investors, policymakers, entrepreneurs and researchers from around the world, the event will assess how society can take a more practical approach to sustainability in order to achieve targets and deliver significant impact.
Who should attend?
- Senior sustainability and CSR professionals from all industries
- Business leaders and executives (managers, directors, c-suite) from all industries
- Impact investors / responsible investors
- ESG reporting agencies
- Charities and organisations with an interest in sustainability issues
- Sustainability and climate academics e.g. researchers and professors
- Relevant government bodies, departments and policymakers
Find out more about the 2021 event audience here.
Event Location: etc.venues St Paul’s, London, UK
- Monday, March 21st – virtual day
- Tuesday, March 22nd – in-person day in London, UK
- Wednesday, March 23rd – virtual day
- Thursday, March 24th – virtual day
- Full access pass: in-person in London, UK (Tues) plus 3 days of virtual content (Mon, Wed, Thurs)
- Virtual access only: 3 days of virtual content (Mon, Wed, Thurs)*
*Please note Tuesday’s in-person day in London will not be available virtually.
Facility location: Virtual and London (etc.venues St. Paul’s), UK
Date: 21/03/2022 - 24/03/2022