1. FORESIGHT Climate & Energy (“FORESIGHT”) accepts publication of Advertisements (as defined below) on the terms and conditions set out herein (“Terms”).
2. These Terms apply to:
- print advertisements in FORESIGHT’s magazines (“Magazines”); and
- online advertisements on www.foresightdk.com (the “Website”)
3. By placing an order, the “Advertiser” (which is the person bidding for or placing the order for the Advertisement whether they are the advertiser of the product or service referred to in the Advertisement or the advertising agency or media buyer for such advertiser) accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms in full.
B. Content and delivery of advertisements
4. Materials for any Advertisement (whether print or digital) must adhere to FORESIGHT’s technical specifications and be delivered to FORESIGHT within the applicable timeframes, each as set out in the media kit or the order confirmation. Please note: In FORESIGHT’s Magazines only graphic advertisements will be accepted; no advertorials.
5. FORESIGHT may, without any responsibility to the Advertiser, reject, cancel or require any Advertisement to be amended that it considers unsuitable or contrary to these Terms and remove, not print, suspend or change the position of any such Advertisement. FORESIGHT may refuse to publish any Advertisement for any Advertiser who has not paid any sums due for any advertising in any of the Magazines or the Website. The Advertiser will remain responsible for all outstanding charges.
6. The publication of an Advertisement by FORESIGHT does not mean that FORESIGHT accepts the Advertisement has been provided in accordance with these Terms or that FORESIGHT has waived its rights under these Terms.
7. The Advertiser guarantees to FORESIGHT that:
- any information supplied in connection with the Advertisement is accurate, complete, true and not misleading;
- it has obtained the consent of any living person whose name or image (in whole or in part) is contained in any Advertisement;
- the Advertisements are legal, decent, honest and truthful, are not contrary to the provisions of any applicable law, regulation or code of practice and all other codes under the general supervision of the Advertising Standards Authority and/or the Office of Fair Trading), are not libellous or obscene and do not infringe the rights of any person (including any person’s intellectual property rights);
- the Advertisement will not be prejudicial to the image or reputation of FORESIGHT or the Website or the Magazines, and will not contain anything with FORESIGHT in good faith considers to be offensive or otherwise inappropriate;
- All Advertisements delivered in FORESIGHT’s Magazines will only be graphic advertisements; not advertorials
- all digital Advertisements submitted for publication online will be free of any viruses, adware, malware, bit torrents, and no Advertisement will cause an adverse effect on the operation of the Website; and
- all digital Advertisements comply with (i) the the standards for online advertising published by the Coalition for Better Ads (https://www.betterads.org); and (ii) the “L.E.A.N.” best practice principles for online advertising standards published by the IAB UK, each as may be updated from time to time.
8. Where the Advertiser is an advertising agency or media buyer, the Advertiser guarantees that it is authorised by the advertiser of a product or service to place the Advertisement with FORESIGHT and the Advertiser will compensate FORESIGHT for any claim made by such advertiser against FORESIGHT.
9. All Advertisements are accepted on the basis that they will be paid for at the prevailing rates set out in the media kit on the date of publication. FORESIGHT may change its rates at any time by publishing the modified rates here. Any changes to the rates will take effect immediately. However, any changes to the applicable rates will not apply to any orders made prior to the date of such change.
10. New advertisers not known to FORESIGHT are required to pay in advance for their first insertion and may be subject to payment terms not specified in these advertising terms and conditions. FORESIGHT’s standard payment terms are cleared funds 14 days from date of invoice. If the due date falls on a weekend or bank holiday the payment is due on the first working day immediately prior to the due date. As payment is due as cleared funds, under current banking arrangements, payment by bank transfer should be processed by the customer three working days prior to the due date. FORESIGHT reserve the right to charge interest on late payment at 4% above the Bank of Denmark base rate.
D. Online advertisements
11. The Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that discrepancies of up to 20% regarding the number of impressions served are common due to a variety of technical reasons. In the event of any disagreement regarding the number of impressions served, the Advertiser agrees that the figures provided by FORESIGHT’s applicable third party provider will be final and binding.
12. FORESIGHT cannot guarantee the number of impressions. In the event the number of impressions served during the campaign period is more than 20% less than the number of impressions booked by the Advertiser, FORESIGHT shall, as the Advertiser’s sole remedy, and provided the Advertiser has notified FORESIGHT in writing of such under-delivery, continue to serve the Advertisements after the end of the campaign period until the number of booked impressions is reached.
15. FORESIGHT and its service providers will only use any Advertiser Data solely in relation to the Advertiser’s particular advertising campaign. All such Advertiser Data collected by FORESIGHT will be treated as the confidential information of the Advertiser and will not be disclosed by FORESIGHT to any third party (other than FORESIGHT’s service providers for the purpose of FORESIGHT complying with its obligations under these Terms) without the consent of the Advertiser. In no event will any Advertiser Data be combined with information collected from other sources, except where the Advertiser has agreed otherwise.
16. In the event advertising copy is received after midday on the day before an Advertisement is due to be published, the number of impressions booked will be reduced on a pro rata basis for every 24 hours that the copy for the Advertisement is supplied after this deadline. For example, if copy is provided 2 days late for a campaign that is due to serve 10,000 banners in a 10-day period, the number of impressions will be reduced by 2000. There will be no reduction in the fee payable.
F. Cookie usage on foresightdk.com
17. Where an Advertiser wishes to drop cookies on users’ computers or use pixels, web beacons or other data collecting technology (the “Data Collecting Technology”) for the purpose of displaying or providing advertising on the Website and tracking impressions, analytics, measurement and verification of advertising campaigns (together, “Analytics Data”), it shall notify FORESIGHT in advance of booking an Advertisement and provide all information requested by FORESIGHT regarding such Data Collecting Technology.